Add tomcat server to Netbeans
To add a tomcat server to netbeans I recommend installing directly Tomcat that comes with the full version of NetBeans or download the zip version from the website. In this tutorial we will assume that Tomcat is already well configured and we will only focus on how to add the server in Netbeans.
1. The first thing we will do is go to Tools> Servers
2. Once inside, click on “Add server …”, then select the server, in this case “Apache Tomcat” and click on “Next”.
3. It is normal that it takes a while to move to the next window as it will start activating the services needed to work with Tomcat. Once you pass to the next window we must add the following fields:
- Server Location: Corresponds to the path of our Apache Tomcat server
- Username y Password: they correspond to the user defined for Tomcat in the file “tomcat-users.xml” located in the conf directory of tomcat, in this case:
C:\Archivos de programa\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\tomcat-users.xml
4. Finally we only have to click on “Finish” and check that the service has been configured correctly. For this we perform the following steps:
- Click on Window> Benefits
- Go to the window that will appear and search Servers> Apache Tomcat
- Once we find it, we press right click on the Apache Tomcat server and we can see the properties, to verify that everything works we will click on Start.
- If our server is properly configured we should see something like the following:
This indicates that our server is ready to be used and we can start working directly on it with NetBeans.